Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We went to Idaho this year for Thanksgiving, and quite fun it was. 

I finally learned how to play football, thanks to my cousins and Uncle Chad.  My opinion has changed on the sport as of now.  Fun to play.  Still ludicrously dull to watch.  Oh by the way, BYU ROCKS UNCLE DON!!!!!!!!!!

We spent the majority of Thanksgiving playing amazing board games and frying our brians on TV, as well as playing football and eating LOTS of delicious food.  I also learned that to play my cousin Tyler in Monopoly is to sign your own death warrant.  Uncle Chad taught me backgammon, then beat me at backgammon.

The next day we went to see the new movie Shorts.  Don't see it.  It's the single most stupid thing I've ever seen in my life that involves a staring contest, a motorcyle-riding ten year old, and a giant booger.  It really gets worse as you keep watching.  Ugh.  As my mother said, "An hour and a half of my life I will never get back."  I also had lots of fun with Sydney and Kate when we got home, playing imagination games and goofing around.  Fun, indeed!

There was nothing too eventful about the ride home except that I got a very sick stomach on way too many Mike Ikes.

Then we headed to the Harpers' house for the cousin party, watched Mr. Boogedy (HE SNEEZED ON 'IM!) and Sleepless in Seattle (a movie I'm sure my dad had quite an entertaining time watching at one part where these two people are destined to meet, but they're getting on and off different elevators going to separate places and most likely will never see each other again.  Not that he was really watching the movie.  I think he was more laughing at the four teenage girls clutching each other and screaming at the people on the TV screen not to get in the elevator that would speed them away from their destinies.  Intense.)

And to top the evening off, BYU WON THE GAME!!!!!!!

And just today I gave a talk in church that I no longer have to worry about, whew, and met a new friend named Taylor who moved in down the street.

Needless to say, this was just about the best weekend ever.

Apart from the Mike Ikes.

No comments: